.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Obama Campaign Signs

There are lots of Democrats in Marion County. So of course I see a few Obama signs in my neighborhood and more as I drive around Marion County.

And I'm glad.

See, I want to know who supports Obama. I think it's important...for future reference.

First, it tells me so much about the person. Call it...first impressions. They stay with you.

Second, it lets me know who to "thank" if Obama wins. You know, when the balloon goes up and the shit comes down.

Very important to know.

I want to be sure to thank at that time as many as possible for their thoughtful voting record.

I'm also paying attention to those who are supporting third parties. But the only ones I will want to later acknowledge are those who vote for Barr.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pat Austin Becker said...

Based on what you hear and read (and see!) in your state, do you have a gut feeling which way it will go?

I'm encouraged by national polls one moment and discouraged the next! But again, I don't put a lot of faith in polls.

11/01/2008 3:07 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Pat, I really think the McCain-Palin will win Florida. The polls get a little hinky, but I can't (or don't want) to believe that 50+% of Floridians are going to vote for the Messiah.

How about Louisiana? I know northern parts of the state seem to vote different from the southern part. (At least according to a close relative who left the state a couple a years ago.)

11/01/2008 3:35 PM  
Blogger Pat Austin Becker said...

We're all about McCain here, baby!

11/01/2008 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home