.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

I was wrong

In early 2007, I had a conversation with a young woman who left Venezuela for college in America. 

She explained to me how a thug like Hugo Chavez was able to threaten all opposition, including or especially the news organizations who initially supported him. 

Now, Ol' Hugo had the gift of gab and was a "man of the people" but so was Uncle Joe Stalin. 

I listened to her but really thought such a takeover of a free people couldn't have happened because someone would have told Hugo "NO, this shall not pass!"  Sorta like what we the people would do here in the good ol' USA.

I was wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home