.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Mitt Romney, Mormon for president?

No, it's Mitt Romney for president. I've linked my only post on Mormons which, in summary, I'm cool with.

Yeah, I guess I understand why he need to make the "religion" speech this week. But it's so pointless. He's proven himself to be a capable leader and administrator. That's good enough for me.

The fact that Romney's led an apparently moral and exemplary personal life is good - for him - but has damned little to do with my opinion of his ability to be president. Hell, Bill Clinton boinking other women was (mostly) OK with me and had nothing to do with my opinion of him. I despised him because of his policies and his treason in selling out America to China for campaign funds, among many other scummy things he did.

So, Mitt Romney is a Mormon. That's just fine with me. He's not my first choice for president...but he'd make a damned good one. (Frankly, I think my first choice has a little problem on the moral and religious fronts.)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A person who sold out his wife and family went on to see out his country more than once.

A person who is faithful to his wife and raises honorable children, lives by the laws of the land, is continually successful at identifying and solving problems; whose service record shows integrity over and over and over again.

Something rings familiar, 'by their fruits you will know them.' Do you want more 'selling out' or do you want problems identified and solved? I am for the latter.

12/09/2007 9:25 AM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

I don't disagree with you, mh. Very good points.

Frankly I would love a male president who was honest in all things, who loved his wife and kids as was faithful in all things. And yes, no one should have been surprised that Bill Clinton was scum. Hell, "his fruits" were well known. And because he was scum, he was a dangerous president.

But a couple of my favorite presidents had more than one wife and had kid problems and still performed admirably because, like King David, they were much more than their "sins." Hell, I still have nightmares about the Carter years and I'm feeling a similar twinge with the Huck-ster.

12/13/2007 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Voters, the real issue is that Mormonism is a cult and a business that has wanted to take over the US and the World since his crooked founder Joseph Smith created it and became "President" of the Mormon Army. This is why the Feds had to take care of him (a coop). Why do you think that the rest of the cult had to leave the east coast and take over the Native Americans at their new headquarters in Utah? It’s hard to find Native Americans in “Utah”. The majority of the Utah population are inbreeds and descendants of Brigham Young. This is a cult that has been taught to hate and take over the rest of the US.

The LDS are secretly owners or stock holders of most major businesses in the US and overseas (IE: The Utah State, Marriott Hotels, Delta Airlines, Wells Fargo, Deseret Industries, the Mormon Temples, to name a few). You are afraid of Osama, well be afraid of the power of Hinckley (their acting president).

They do not care or help anyone in need unless you are a Mormon, or they are in public eyes and their "Bishop" signs a paper. Romney is just a puppet of the LDS cult. Read some history. Although, the LDS cult has tried to cover their facts with the promised secrecy of their followers, one can find the LDS questionable actions everywhere in black and white, starting with the Book of Mormons. Believe what you want, but when you vote remember that we only have one USA.

1/06/2008 8:33 AM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Holy shit, dude! Please...lie down in some soft padded room until this madness leaves you.

These are the types of fears that too many in our country have expressed about Catholics and Jews. Also the same fears too many liberals, leftists and other liars say about Christians.

1/06/2008 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear anonymous,

I agree with RightinFlorida. If you believe anything you have just stated, please turn yourself in at a mental institution until this passes.

People that spew so much hatred and libel about another person based on fictitious claims of faith join forces with the jihadist movements. We as Americans should be worried if we are producing such citizens. We need to come together and join with all people of faith in our nation so that we can save this world from the calamities we face. I respect your opinion anonymous but such ideas only do more harm than good to our great nation and people.

Mitt Romney was right about one thing. To keep a super-power military, we must have a super-power economy, and Mitt is among the .01% of Americans with the proven experience and know-how to get the job done. I would love to have a King Solomon leading this nation.

This Anonymous cares about our nation.

1/20/2008 12:57 AM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Thanks for that comment, anon. We do have to pull together. The previous crazy talk is not helpful...and is not correct. I'm not Mormon or religious, but I'm not afraid of Mormons or other type of Christians, nor Muslims, Catholics or Jews, running for political office in our country. Just so long as they are Americans first.

1/21/2008 8:00 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Okay, I typed too quickly. What I meant to say was "...of Mormons, Catholics or other type of Christians, nor Muslims or Jews,..." Of course I know that Catholics are Christians. What...like I'm an idiot?

1/21/2008 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home